Faculty Development programs:
Train the trainer or Train the Teacher programs helps MTC to reach out to a wider base of students by training the source from where the students derive their everyday learning. It had become the need of the hour to train the faculty wherever necessary to enable them to impart substance & practices that are extensively used in the industry whether technical or not technical. MTC provides ‘Training of Trainer’ (TOT) in multiple domains.
These programs have following features:
- Faculty Development Programme (FDP) aims at strengthening the intellectual infrastructure by equipping teachers with skills and knowledge.
- The trained faculty is able to efficiently inculcate appropriate skills & values in students and guiding and monitoring their progress towards a promising career.
- The FDPs provide inputs on process and practice pertaining to industry norms hence updating the faculty itself. This is analogous to working at grass-root level to attain skill enhancement for students at large.
- The training methodology includes case studies, group discussion, games and simulation exercise, and classroom lectures.
- The duration of FDP’s generally depend on the domain in which the training has to be conducted, but the generic contents can be delivered within a short duration of time in-order to overcome the time constraints.